Cellenion is French based biotech company, specialized in automated single-cell isolation and liquid handling, developing breakthrough technology in the field of single cell Omics. In 2020, Cellenion joined BICO, a corporate structure focusing on the intersection of technology and biology, pioneering the bio convergence revolution, and paving the way for the future of health.
We are a company developing cutting-edge products for the life science industry and we offer a unique work environment with interdisciplinary and international team of highly skilled, and energetic people. As part of our continuous growth and talent identification, we are opening a new position of bioinformatician. You will join a bioinformatician and an application developer working in very close relationships with molecular and cell biologists. You will bring to the team extensive knowledge of genomics and epigenetics/epigenomics dataset handling, and a real vision of straightforward bioinformatics solutions for end-users.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain Cellenion data flow system for internal NGS experiments
- Support biologists in designing bioinformatically workable scNGS experiments and analysing obtained data
- Develop, test, deploy and maintain scNGS data analysis pipelines
- Develop biologist-friendly, intelligible, yet customisable, applications for end-users, supporting scNGS data processing and interpretation, from out-of-sequencer data to graphical analysis and statistics
- Track changes and trends in NGS data analysis practices and tools.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Proven experience in single cell genomic (WGS, comparative genomics, …) and single cell epigenetics/epigenomic (ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, …) data analysis
- Extensive knowledge of Illumina dataset: formats, QC and metrics
- Experience/knowledge in proteomic analysis would be a real plus
- Strong interest in solving biological and biotechnological problems using mathematical and computational approaches
- Extensive skills in statistics, data mining and machine learning (dimension reduction, data integration, hierarchical clustering, decision trees, …)
- Excellent knowledge/understanding of commonly used softwares and databases for NGS and scNGS data exploration and analysis (e.g., BWA, Spades, qiime2, MACS2, deepTools, SAMtools, iqtree, HOMER, MEME-suite, Schnapps, scanpy, Bioconductor, Seurat, R packages, …)
- Ability to independently identify and prioritise requirements, research axes and challenges within a highly-collaborative and interdisciplinary framework
- Used to collaborative project management methods (Kanban, SCRUM, Git, …)
- Excellent oral and written communication for interactions with co-workers, collaborators and customers
- Proficient in English – the team works in English on daily basis
If you would like to join our team, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with as object the reference “Bioinformatician2023”.
Answers will be sent and interviews organized at the beginning of January 2023.
Cellenion believes that everyone can make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a dynamic and enjoyable working environment.