Our customers strive to improve patients’ quality of life by developing novel diagnostics and treatments. You will be responsible for transforming their requirements into products. At CELLENION you will be part of an ambitious global company that develops cutting-edge solutions for the life science industry. In your position you will integrate an interdisciplinary and international team (we speak English at work) of highly skilled and energetic people and you will contribute with your engineering skills, your passion for finding solutions, and the urge to deliver those to the world.
CELLENION is a fast-growing biotech company specializing in automated single-cell and organoid isolation, developing breakthrough technologies and services for the Pharma and Life Science industries. CELLENION is part of the BICO group, a global leader developing and delivering life science solutions, equipping thousands of labs and scientists worldwide with cutting edge technologies that fuel groundbreaking scientific discoveries to advance tomorrow’s medicine.
We are looking for an Automation Engineer to integrate the product team. Responsibilities include delivering the engineering/technical solutions in new product development projects and for the improvement of existing instruments. Depending on experience, the responsibilities can be geared more towards electrical, automation, mechanical, mechatronics, software engineering or a mix thereof.
This position is based in Lyon (France), and you will report to the CTO.
Education and/or Experience:
An engineering degree or the equivalent professional experience and demonstrated ability in the following skills is required
• Experience with CAD modeling (preferably with Solidworks)
• Some programming skills (C, C++, LabVIEW, Python or equivalent)
• Able to read mechanical manufacturing drawings, and electrical diagrams
• Able to assemble complex mechatronic systems
• Able to communicate in English at least on the level B2 – upper intermediate (our company and documentation language)
• Able to document work and create instructions (3d model, 3d printing data, drawings, block schemes, wiring schemes, BOMs, working and assembly instructions…)
• Willing to travel up to 10% of the time
Would be a plus:
• Experience with product design and development processes
• French and/or German speaking
• Experience with quality/regulatory standard (ISO 9001 & CE marking, electrical safety…)
• Knowledge of material properties and production techniques
• Personality: Friendly, Communicative, Go getter, Smart/Creative, Agile
Salary, Travel, and Application
Salary according to experience and other employee benefits.
Cellenion believes that everyone can make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an international, dynamic, and enjoyable working environment.
To apply send your CV, including earliest starting date to [email protected] with as object the reference “Automation engineer”.